Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tel Aviv baby! - 9-13-09

Today was a glorious day! It started out a little too early, and ended a little too late for my sleep deprived state, but it was fabulous still! We went to Tel Aviv at 8:30 a.m., right after breakfast.

In order to go out of the city of Jerusalem we have to sign up as groups of ten to fifteen, I think and we have to have security arrange transportation for us. So, it was kind of a big deal. Everyone wanted to go, so there ended up being 4 groups I think...There were 60 people that went today. Isn't that crazy. We took three mini busses and a van to get there. It was so fun though. They dropped us off right at Jerusalem Beach, in Tel Aviv. It was SUCH a beautiful beach! You couldn't ask for anything different. The sand was pure white and very fine, there were pavilions for shade that we used as a group, and the water was pretty blue and WARM! It was so great! It was so warm that I didn't even think twice about getting in, and I didn't even realize it until about thirty minutes after we got there. We played in the waves all day.

We also went to the Carmel Market during the day, and I bought a necklace there. That was pretty fun. Mostly I liked the beach though.

For dinner we ate at this resaurant called LaLa Land. It was a beautiful, on the beach, restaurant that served AMAZING food. I had a grilled sun dried tomato, pesto, and mozerella sandwich. Mmmmm....one of the best sandwiches I've ever had, really. It was fabulous. Then we watched the sun go down, and I thought of all the sunsets I've watched with you guys! It looked just like the sunsets in St. Thomas and Aruba. So amazing.

We were there for so long.. We just got back to the center at 10:45 p.m. and I am tired!

But yeah, just wanted to blog and tell y'all that I swam in the Mediterranean Sea today!!

Hey there! I'm adding pictures to this blog! Yay!

Kathryn and me in the morning, at the beginning. Sleeepy eyes :)

This is Brooklyn, Shelly, Kathryn, and me in front of the ocean! It was wonderful!

This is the restaurant we went to, LaLa Land :) It was so sweet. And, it was right on the beach!

Right outside the restaurant, right as the sun was starting to set. This is (from the left to right) Brooklyn, Lauren Ricks, Shelly, Lauren Magleby, Amy Ellertson, Jane, me, Megan, and Amy Bradshaw

Pretty sunset!

This reminded me of Aruba! Jen- the pictures we took with the sailboat! I was thinking of my wonderful family while I was watching the sunset. I love you guys!

Our whole group....gosh Umm, K I'll try: (L to R) Lauren Ricks, Amy Bradshaw, James Graves, Amy Ellertson, Lauren Magleby, Morgan, Jane Nelson, Brooklyn, Taylor, Shelly, Megan, Kathryn Hawker, and me! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. The beach sounds beautiful!!! Post a picture so I can live through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beach sounds great. I would just like to say I am so proud of you...a pesto, tomato, and mozzarella sandwich??? What have you done with Angie?? Have a good night sleep! Love you!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete